Author Factory Heated Grips Install - Display Symbol/Button Works -But Not Warm At All?  (Read 7347 times)

• Offline kazuya   gb

• 660 Member  ‐    12

Offline kazuya

• 660 Member
    • Bike: Trident 660
    • City / Town: Worksop
    Re: Factory Heated Grips Install - Display Symbol/Button Works -But Not Warm At
    Reply #60 on: December 02, 2022, 09.36 pm
    December 02, 2022, 09.36 pm
    thats good to know, you would think triumph uk would offer that, but from what im hearing they are still putting the newest firmware on as part of the service
    which is crazy because they are literally breaking peoples heated grips  :034:

• Offline mtraphagen   us

• 660 Member  ‐    30

Offline mtraphagen

• 660 Member
    • Bike: 2023 Trident 660
    • City / Town: New Jersey
    Reply #61 on: December 02, 2022, 10.33 pm
    December 02, 2022, 10.33 pm
    *Originally Posted by Dash660 [+]
    Had to rush in and out so I didn't get to ask about what the rollback would also affect (the tech crew wasn't at the desk and working in the shop).

But, MY GRIPS WORK NOW! They get warm/hot. It ran about 10 minutes on the ride home and I wasn't charged any additional hours for the work.

This is GREAT news! Congratulations! The service manager at my dealership in PA is very motivated to get my grips working. He just offered to call your dealership to ask how they did it. Would you mind either posting or sending a PM with the name of your dealership? I'd be extremely happy to have actual working heated grips.

• Offline Dash660   us

• 660 Member  ‐    25
    • Topic Author

Offline Dash660

• 660 Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #62 on: December 02, 2022, 11.11 pm
    December 02, 2022, 11.11 pm
    *Originally Posted by kazuya [+]
    thats good to know, you would think triumph uk would offer that, but from what im hearing they are still putting the newest firmware on as part of the service
    which is crazy because they are literally breaking peoples heated grips  :034:

Right? That's a very strange way to proceed but I'm guessing since this isn't some safety issue, it takes a lot of processing to get a change or awareness spread.

• Offline Dash660   us

• 660 Member  ‐    25
    • Topic Author

Offline Dash660

• 660 Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #63 on: December 02, 2022, 11.12 pm
    December 02, 2022, 11.12 pm
    *Originally Posted by mtraphagen [+]
    This is GREAT news! Congratulations! The service manager at my dealership in PA is very motivated to get my grips working. He just offered to call your dealership to ask how they did it. Would you mind either posting or sending a PM with the name of your dealership? I'd be extremely happy to have actual working heated grips.

Thank you, I'll pm you.

• Offline kitsken   jp

• 660 Member  ‐    28

Offline kitsken

• 660 Member
    • First Triumph Bike
    • City / Town: Okayama
    Reply #64 on: December 09, 2022, 02.09 am
    December 09, 2022, 02.09 am
    I just got an update from Japan Triumph Dealer!

Ken-san

We become indebted to. This is Onuki from Triumph Kurashiki.

It's about grip heaters.

There is an announcement on the manufacturer side, and it is expected that an improved version of the program will be released sometime in the week of December 12th .

We apologize for the inconvenience, but please wait for a while.

that's all, thank you very much.

• Offline kitsken   jp

• 660 Member  ‐    28

Offline kitsken

• 660 Member
    • First Triumph Bike
    • City / Town: Okayama
    Reply #65 on: December 15, 2022, 05.09 pm
    December 15, 2022, 05.09 pm
    The update is OUT! Who updated their firmware this week? I'm busy I can't update yet since I just had an accident with my car lol

Actually scared to ride a bike after the accident since I was hit coming from the opposite lane 0-100 and now I'm getting a new ride for free lol

• Offline kazuya   gb

• 660 Member  ‐    12

Offline kazuya

• 660 Member
    • City / Town: Worksop
    Reply #66 on: December 15, 2022, 07.46 pm
    December 15, 2022, 07.46 pm
    *Originally Posted by kitsken [+]
    The update is OUT! Who updated their firmware this week? I'm busy I can't update yet since I just had an accident with my car lol

Actually scared to ride a bike after the accident since I was hit coming from the opposite lane 0-100 and now I'm getting a new ride for free lol

had a missed call from them today, Im hoping this is what its about

• Offline Dash660   us

• 660 Member  ‐    25
    • Topic Author

Offline Dash660

• 660 Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #67 on: December 16, 2022, 01.28 pm
    December 16, 2022, 01.28 pm
    *Originally Posted by kitsken [+]

Glad you're okay! Looking forward to hearing that everything works out great for you!

• Offline Triumphtride   gb

• 660 Newbie  ‐    4

Offline Triumphtride

• 660 Newbie
    • City / Town: Forfar
    Reply #68 on: December 21, 2022, 12.31 pm
    December 21, 2022, 12.31 pm
    Got my bike in July and been fighting with the dealer & Triumph that they were still selling these grips when they clearly never worked . Well after months of complaining and £200 compo from dealer & £200 from Triumph the good news is that now the grips have had update and work amazingly.  Heads up the lights don't stay on the dash when they are on  but they are now HOT

Steve

• Offline chunder64   england

• 660 Newbie  ‐    6

Offline chunder64

• 660 Newbie
    • City / Town: Stratford upon Avon
    Reply #69 on: December 21, 2022, 03.33 pm
    December 21, 2022, 03.33 pm
    Great news, did you have to prompt the dealer or did they get in touch to let you know they had a solution?
    My dealer still not been I touch, despite me sending these updates. I got sold the grips in November and again, was told, ‘ they don’t work very well, but we should have a n update soon’
    Will go back to them tomorrow with your update!!