Author Topic: Thanksgiving Holiday  (Read 128 times)

Offline Sdscalia

• 660 Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Triumph Trident 660
  • City / Town: New Orleans
Thanksgiving Holiday
on: November 23, 2021, 11.29 PM
Here I am off the entire week for the Thanksgiving Holiday here in Louisiana, USA staring at my brand new "parked" Trident 660!  My first service is scheduled for Wednesday December 1, 2021 and here I sit not able to ride my new bike because my mileage is almost 800! I know I was supposed to stop for the first service at 500 miles but the first appointment the dealer had was December 1 so I just couldn't garage my new toy for two weeks!

I guess I'll force myself to stay off of it until after the 1st. I'll have to go fishing I suppose...
Romans 8:28

Offline 3Teeth660

• 660 Pro
  • Bike: SpeedTwin, T660
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Re: Thanksgiving Holiday
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 07.55 PM
That's tough, although the UK running in mileage is down in the manual as 600 miles/6 months so that might help.  I suppose you could always go and test ride the competition, all the bikes you didn't buy so when you get back on the Trident, you'll appreciate all the more.

When I bought mine, fortunately I was told that the service diary was booked up so I had my first service arranged for 10 days or so after I took delivery and then I  had to ride it at every opportunity with that target mileage in mind.  It worked out well, I did three long rides, (long because of the speed restriction too) and I got it to the dealer at 602 miles on the clock.  It was great to be gifted more revs and to use the quickshifter that they fitted at the same time.  It felt like a new bike all over again.

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope the 1st comes around soon for you.

waisted