Author Topic: Accessorising completed.  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Erolek

• 660 Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Trident 660
  • City / Town: Dublin
Accessorising completed.
on: July 24, 2021, 03.52 PM
With the arrival of the fly screen the kitting out of my Trident is completed (for now). It took over 2 months to get the fly screen, as the dealer was sent the wrong colour. Twice. Each time it was 'matt silver' instead of 'silver ice'. It finally arrived last week. Fitting was dead easy (I couldn't wait for the available slot in the dealer's workshop and fitted it myself). I took the bike for a motorway spin this morning and was surprised how much of a difference this tiny bit of plastic makes at speeds. WInd blast on the chest was virtually gone. Just a little buffeting around the helmet (not worse than without the screen).

This is with the tank bag on:

But in reality - this is how I ride it on a daily basis:

Full list of accessories fitted.

Triumph's catalogue:
- tank bag,
- USB charger,
- tank protector,
- heated grips,
- fly screen.

3rd parties:
- Speedo Angels screen protector,
- TEC adjustable levers,
- Hepco & Becker C-Bow Street panniers,
- Pyramid Plastics fender extenders (front and rear),
- Unknown brand mobile phone mount (transferred from the previous bike).

Here's how the pannier rack integrates with the bike:

An here's the tank with the protector and the tank bag ring. The tank bag mount has a little piece of rubber at the base brilliantly integrated with the tank protector.

Greetings
Eryk

Offline tridentmania

• 660 Pro
  • City / Town: Old Coulsdon
Re: Accessorising completed.
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 10.10 AM
Very smart  :028: I do like the pannier kit and agree with the difference the fly screen makes  :152: :047: :046: :821:
From '61>present - '57 BSA C12, '61 RE C/Sports, '59 Tiger 110, '61 T120R, '57 BMW R50, '76 GT185, '69 T120, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, '05 Sprint1050 & '08 Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, SprintGT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & '12 Bonne, '15 XRx,'18 XRt, Trident 660

Offline Erolek

• 660 Member
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Dublin
Re: Accessorising completed.
Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 10.59 AM
Yet another little convenience.
Installed colour-coordinated quad lock phone mount, and routed an USB cable in a semi-permanent way (of course - colour-coordinated as well). For obvious reasons I couldn't take a photo with the phone in place.

Usually when the phone is not in use the cable is neatly tucked away with a little rubber waterproof cap.

Greetings
Eryk