Author Topic: TEC Adjustable levers issue  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Gnawfree

• 660 Pro
  • Bike: Matt Black & Silver
  • City / Town: Chichester
Re: TEC Adjustable levers issue
Reply #30 on: June 23, 2021, 03.03 PM
*Originally Posted by lcman [+]
This is the reply I got from TEC UK at 12.00 today in response to my email highlighting the problem and this thread

"Thanks for pointing this out as we have fitted lots of these without issue. It looks like it may be a slight machining difference on some master cylinders and might just be a batch problem. We will investigate this further and also get our US branch to see if the north American bikes are different."

So lets see what happens next

My promptly received response from TEC Bike Parts UK, today -

"We are currently investigating this as we have been made aware of the issue, it is not something we have seen first-hand but is something we are looking into in our workshop currently, this did not happen to the bike we fitted the part to and has only been flagged to us as of yesterday, if you are not happy with the part you can return it to us."

- which I thought was honest and reasonable.

Offline Hawkman44

• 660 Member
Reply #31 on: June 23, 2021, 04.46 PM
Thats good to hear that they’re at least acknowledging the issue, do you have the direct email addy for whomever you talked with. Looks like you can easily return /refund for who lives in and bought from UK site  but those of us in N. America that had to buy uoff the USA site have had zero luck hearing back, just terrible customer service so hopefully the UK guys can also help those of us out this way…

Offline Gnawfree

• 660 Pro
Reply #32 on: June 23, 2021, 05.22 PM
The addresses that I got a prompt response from was info@tecbikeparts.com
(I also CC'd matthew.milburn@tecbikeparts.com )

Hope that helps  :187:

Offline Hawkman44

• 660 Member
Reply #33 on: June 23, 2021, 05.42 PM
Ok perfect!

Let us know theres any further dialogue or updates from them, will be interesting to see if they do a quick update/revision to the lever and offer sending replacements out or just refunds

Thanks

Offline Tr!dentLov3r

• 660 Member
Reply #34 on: June 24, 2021, 06.24 PM
*Originally Posted by tridentmania [+]
Probrake from Germany, they are brilliant but out of stock at the moment.  :152: :062:
+1 for Probrake :152: I have the Tector ones, in Titan colour .. can absolutly recommend them! :037:

Offline Gnawfree

• 660 Pro
Reply #35 on: June 24, 2021, 10.12 PM
*Originally Posted by Hawkman44 [+]
Ok perfect!

Let us know theres any further dialogue or updates from them, will be interesting to see if they do a quick update/revision to the lever and offer sending replacements out or just refunds

Thanks

Looks like TEC Bike Parts UK has now taken all their levers for all models off their website
https://www.tecbikeparts.com/products/shop-parts/other-bikes-universal/handlebars-handlebar-levers-other-bikes-universal/ 

Offline MW7

• 660 Member
  • City / Town: Southwater
Reply #36 on: June 25, 2021, 07.56 AM
Clearly the issue is big enough then?

Very quick to react which is a positive sign.
Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 08.11 AM by MW7

Offline Hawkman44

• 660 Member
Reply #37 on: June 26, 2021, 03.25 AM
*Originally Posted by MW7 [+]
Clearly the issue is big enough then?

Very quick to react which is a positive sign.

Indeed…

Here’s my direct response from Tec UK

Offline 3Teeth660

• 660 Pro
  • Bike: SpeedTwin, T660
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #38 on: June 27, 2021, 12.11 AM
This Moto Machines video shows the lever tab and brake light switch as they swap the levers over (at 2:20s) for the Evotech ones, which as far a I can see from the ones I have, are identical to the photos in this thread of the TEC levers.

I can see that if there is any play at the pivot, that the tab could miss the switch as the OP Sushidrew said at the start of this thread.

I'd be interested to know from those with the TEC levers, if the clutch switch ( at 4.24s) has the same alignment issue or if the tab on the lever makes good contact with the switch plunger?
Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 12.19 AM by 3Teeth660

Offline T-Bagger

• 660 Newbie
  • Bike: 2022 Trident 660
  • City / Town: San Francisco
Reply #39 on: June 27, 2021, 05.14 PM
ASV makes a very nice unbreakable lever, I have them on my Trident and my RMZ 450. 5 years on my dirt bike and not one scratch (I don’t fall though:)

Both levers engage the sensors perfectly and the clutch pull is identical to stock.  In fact at my preferred setting the clutch travel is 2mm longer than stock which is amazing. Plenty of usable adjustability.

They sent me the wrong clutch lever the first time but Arvin overnighted the correct lever and I had it the next morning. I’ve had a First class experience with ASV.

(Dust guards and ASV backing plate optional) both use stock perches.

Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 05.18 PM by T-Bagger
I could be wrong, I’ve been wrong once before.