Author Topic: Paddock Stand  (Read 4620 times)

Offline cain3d

• 660 Member
  • Bike: Trident 660
  • City / Town: Queensland
Re: Paddock Stand
Reply #20 on: July 04, 2021, 11.05 AM
The paddock stand works well, even for a 1 person job. Cheap, easy to assemble and quick to get the rear tire off the floor….removing the paddock was just as simple/quick….but I like the look of the abbas too…what can I say, I’m a sucker for gizmos, 😂

But srlsy, the Oxford premium paddock stand and bobbins work well…I do like the ones though that you can then move relocate the bike by using the paddock stand…as my garage is getting more stuff inside it I might have to go with one of these in the future.

Offline kwalmsleyy

• 660 Member
Reply #21 on: July 06, 2021, 09.38 AM
Just got myself an abba stand following seeing my friend use his on his Street Triple…

Collected a used one off eBay for £50 (the guy had literally used it once) and ordered the correct fitting kit at 18:00 Sunday night.

To my surprise, I had an email at 09:00 Monday saying the fitting kit had been dispatched, then a knock at the door 09:10 this morning (Tuesday) with said fitting kit!

Great service by Abba considering I only bought the fitting kit!

Will give it a go later and see if I can get it lined up all correct following the advice in the thread above.

Offline cain3d

• 660 Member
Reply #22 on: July 06, 2021, 10.13 AM
*Originally Posted by kwalmsleyy [+]
Just got myself an abba stand following seeing my friend use his on his Street Triple…

Collected a used one off eBay for £50 (the guy had literally used it once) and ordered the correct fitting kit at 18:00 Sunday night.

To my surprise, I had an email at 09:00 Monday saying the fitting kit had been dispatched, then a knock at the door 09:10 this morning (Tuesday) with said fitting kit!

Great service by Abba considering I only bought the fitting kit!

Will give it a go later and see if I can get it lined up all correct following the advice in the thread above.

:028: Great service for sure….yeah I’ll be interested in what you think and photos of it in action.

Offline lcman

• 660 Pro
Reply #23 on: July 06, 2021, 10.27 AM
I have both Abba and paddock stands (front & back) but the Abba is my first choice most times its so easy to use.
Cheers Colin

2 x RD350LC, Trident 660

Offline cain3d

• 660 Member
Reply #24 on: July 06, 2021, 10.48 AM
*Originally Posted by lcman [+]
I have both Abba and paddock stands (front & back) but the Abba is my first choice most times its so easy to use.

Hi Iceman…from a rookie’s eyes..wouldn’t the paddock be quicker to lift the rear tyre off the floor? Just keen to see what advantages they have over the paddock?

Offline lcman

• 660 Pro
Reply #25 on: July 06, 2021, 09.33 PM
*Originally Posted by cain3d [+]
Hi Iceman…from a rookie’s eyes..wouldn’t the paddock be quicker to lift the rear tyre off the floor? Just keen to see what advantages they have over the paddock?

With the bike on the Abba stand it just feels more stable, plus I have had a couple of close calls with paddock stands so always get the misses to hold the bike while I use the paddock stand. No problem with the Abba stand deffo do that on my own, I even used in on my Tracer 900 and that came with a centre standard as original equipment. Plus with an Abba stand you can also get the front wheel of the ground. I agree they are expensive to but but the adaptors for different bikes are about £15 a set, so when you change bikes just buy new adaptors.
Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 09.35 PM by lcman
Cheers Colin

2 x RD350LC, Trident 660

Offline cain3d

• 660 Member
Reply #26 on: July 06, 2021, 09.45 PM
Thanks Iceman.
Yeah stability, ease of use and especially cheap adapters seems advantageous.
Like if I buy another bike (which I will…just haven’t told the missus yet 😂) then highly unlikely it’ll be compatible with existing paddock stand.  🤔

Offline Erolek

• 660 Member
  • City / Town: Dublin
Reply #27 on: August 13, 2021, 05.48 PM
My alternative to a paddock stand arrived today.
Purchased from Louis.de for around EUR 40. Looks heavy duty at first glance.

Seems to be doing the job. Two rollers (adjustable for larger/smaller wheels) on a ramp. Comes with a little side stand puck to reduce the lean of the bike.

And a really nice touch is the velcro strap to keep the front brake engaged for extra security.

Greetings
Eryk

Offline 3Teeth660

• 660 Pro
  • Bike: SpeedTwin, T660
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Reply #28 on: August 13, 2021, 10.07 PM
Looks a good bit of kit Eryk.  :028:

Offline chassm1

• 660 Newbie
  • Bike: Triumph Trident 660
  • City / Town: Cornwall
Reply #29 on: October 22, 2021, 04.15 PM
*Originally Posted by cmb621 [+]
Soooo, I tried to use the abba stand - but they have either sent me the wrong fittings... Or I am a mechanical numpty. I removed the arm pivot cover as instructed and the fittings just would not fit. Anyway I have emailed the company. Lets see....
Hello !
I took delivery my Trident today, rode it home and spent an hour and a couple of phone calls to Abba trying to get it to fit. Removing the plastic S/A covers was a complete pain as others have mentioned. Finally succeeded in operating the stand by doing the exact reverse of the instruction in this thread (which I found while trying to get advice)  I've included photos of what worked for me. You can see which is L/R  by the brake and gear pedals. (female fitting on the LEFT, male fitting on the RIGHT).  I suppose it is entirely possible that Triumph vary/reverse the S/A fittings. Photos attached.