Author Topic: Triumph Sat Nav addon  (Read 512 times)

Offline lcman

• 660 Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Trident 660
Triumph Sat Nav addon
on: April 27, 2021, 09.44 AM
Has anyone got or is using the Triumph Bluetooth Sat Nav option would be interested in feedback and the type of phone you are using with it.
Cheers Colin

2 x RD350LC, Trident 660

Online Dimster

• 660 Member
  • Bike: Trident 660 silver
  • City / Town: New Malden
Re: Triumph Sat Nav addon
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 10.07 AM
 :762: would also be interested to have feedback on this please...

(ordered it but won't be installed for a couple of weeks!)

Offline grifter776

• 660 Newbie
  • Bike: '22 Trident 660
  • City / Town: Myrtle Beach, SC
Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 07.05 PM
I have the My Triumph Connectivity BT Module and like it, though, in my opinion, it's a bit fiddly to get all your devices configured over bluetooth....in my case an iPhone and a Cardo Packtalk Slim headset. I also have a Go Pro, but haven't set that up yet.

I initially had trouble with the nav on my first few rides not continuing to run after I started it up to go in the My Triumph app....it was paused and didn't provide any further directions. I quickly realized I was inadvertently stopping the navigation when I was swiping away to another app. The STOP navigation button is somewhat inconveniently placed at the very bottom of the screen where swiping sideways to change apps occurs on newer iPhones. Just make sure your fingers aren't hitting the STOP button at the bottom of the app once you've begun navigation.

Other than that I've found the nav works quite well. It's a very simple display with no room for bells and whistles....only directions to next turn, and distance left to turn, but it does the job quite adequately. One oddity I find is that when getting close to a turn it provides the remaining distance in yards, which I find a bit strange, as any nav app I've ever used here in the US provided remaining distance to a turn in feet, so I find myself having to do a quick bit of calculation in my head close to any unfamiliar turn. Not a big deal, but a bit of an odd choice on Triumph's part, in my mind. I've looked to see if this can be changed in the Nav settings, but I didn't see an option to.

Hope that helps...

Online tridentmania

• 660 Pro
  • City / Town: Old Coulsdon
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 09.12 AM
'One oddity I find is that when getting close to a turn it provides the remaining distance in yards, which I find a bit strange, as any nav app I've ever used here in the US provided remaining distance to a turn in feet, so I find myself having to do a quick bit of calculation in my head close to any unfamiliar turn. Not a big deal, but a bit of an odd choice on Triumph's part, in my mind. I've looked to see if this can be changed in the Nav settings, but I didn't see an option to.

Hope that helps...'

I have not known any Sat Nav that counts down in feet, over here it's always yards or meters (for Europe) which is switchable in the settings.
Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 09.13 AM by tridentmania
From '61>present - '57 BSA C12, '61 RE C/Sports, '59 Tiger 110, '61 T120R, '57 BMW R50, '76 GT185, '69 T120, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, '05 Sprint1050 & '08 Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, SprintGT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & '12 Bonne, '15 XRx,'18 XRt, Trident 660

Offline lcman

• 660 Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 03.59 PM
I already have a Garmin mounted on my 660 just wondering if its an upgrade using the Triumph addon, it's maybe not worth the extra $$ 
Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 04.00 PM by lcman
Cheers Colin

2 x RD350LC, Trident 660

Offline grifter776

• 660 Newbie
  • Bike: '22 Trident 660
  • City / Town: Myrtle Beach, SC
Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 05.07 PM
It's a very basic navigation solution, again, it only offers next turn information and distance to that turn, really nothing more, but it's very convenient for basic navigation. You can keep your phone in your jacket or a tank bag and don't need to mount it to your handlebars. The Nav is just one feature that comes along with the larger package of bluetooth options in the accessory My Triumph Connectivity bluetooth module. If you like your Garmin and don't want or need the other features - listening to music, ability to pair and listen to a headset, managing a Go Pro, then the significant up-charge for the BT module to get very basic Nav features may not be worth it.

Online Dimster

• 660 Member
  • Bike: Trident 660 silver
  • City / Town: New Malden
Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 09.35 AM
*Originally Posted by tridentmania [+]
'One oddity I find is that when getting close to a turn it provides the remaining distance in yards, which I find a bit strange, as any nav app I've ever used here in the US provided remaining distance to a turn in feet, so I find myself having to do a quick bit of calculation in my head close to any unfamiliar turn. Not a big deal, but a bit of an odd choice on Triumph's part, in my mind. I've looked to see if this can be changed in the Nav settings, but I didn't see an option to.

Hope that helps...'

I have not known any Sat Nav that counts down in feet, over here it's always yards or meters (for Europe) which is switchable in the settings.

Just playing with mine  :038: and in the app Settings / Units / Distance - you can change miles to Km.

waisted